Sunday, August 19, 2007

Uhura Still Hot And A Hero

So I never watched much of the original Star Trek, at least until I married a Trekkie. I was more of a Next Generation fan. Security Officer Tasha Yar was my Star Trek “it girl”. But I have to give it up for my girl Uhura she was one of the first women of sci-fi and a noted role model for Whoopi Goldberg and Dr. Mae Jemison The first black women to fly in the space shuttle. Uhura had the first interracial kiss on television and was the inspiration for the bluetooth headset. lol

It has just been announced that Nichelle Nichols will be guest staring on NBC hit show Heroes to play “Nana” grandmother to a New Orleans genetically evolved hero Monica.

No word yet on whether Nana with have any special powers of her own, besides the power to “whoop your behind till you are sorry”


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, meeting Nichelle Nichols was not just a dream come true. She confirmed something for me that I had wondered since childhood. She is as down-to-earth and powerful in person as she in on-screen. The woman ROCKS, for a lack of a better term.