Thursday, September 13, 2007

Rosie Talks About Her Self-Destructive Past

Rosie's upcoming memoir, Celebrity Detox due out Oct. 9th reveals some unknown truths about the star.

Rosie is would fracture her own limbs with a baseball bat or a wooden hanger. Choosing what to break she'd go for her hands and fingers usually. The motivation for the self-destructive acts were that O'donnell needed proof that she had some value, enough to be fixed. She also mentioned that there were many benefits to having a cast, in the middle of the night, it was a weapon. It is not mentioned in the book why she would need a weapon in the middle of the night.

She is also surprisingly kind to Elisabeth Hasselbeck, at least kinder then I would be. "Elisabeth, antiabortion, pro Bush, pro war, believes in everything I don't, and I believe in everything she doesn't," O'Donnell writes. "She's as slender as I am fat, as restrained as I am vociferous, as polite as I am frank. ... Right from the start ... I could see something fierce, a fist in the frill, and I liked that."

Good news is that Celebrity Detox is already rated No. 10 on the Amazon.com bestseller list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel about this... I may just have to purchase her book eventually...