Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cynthia Nixon Is A Good Queer Mom!

Cynthia Nixon is taking time out from filming the Sex & The City movie to teach her kids her kids Samantha, 11, and Charles, 4 about giving back. Nixon talked to PEOPLE this week at the launch of the Curél Lends a Helping Hand Campaign, which auctioned off celebrity hand prints to raise money for the American Red Cross.

"My children are being raised Jewish, so last year we all had a meeting with a rabbi, who said it's good to let your children know what their parents values are," said Nixon, 41.

Her focus? "I'm a very big public school advocate. I try to bring public awareness to increase funding. My kids go to public school. I grew up here [in New York], went to public school, got a great education. It wasn't a tough decision."

Nixon who is bisexual has been dating education activist Christine Marinoni since 2004.

2 comments:

East Bay Figure Painters said...

I just hope she takes Christine to a place where they can give her a decent, butch haircut!

Anonymous said...

I second Rebeca's notion. Yikes...