Friday, August 3, 2007

The Awakening Threesome!


SHE’S BACK! Melissa Etheridge’s new album titled The Awakening, will be released on Sept. 25. The press release states "The album is my story and my journey. I hope that it will ring universally. I began to retrace the path of my own American dream: from my early years in California in the '80s, to my dream for fame and fortune and my sad realization of the false images that lead so many of us into misery." Honestly that sounds…Interesting, I think.
But what is interesting is the track titled "Threesome," which the press release describes as "a country-rocker that is unlikely to be covered by Carrie Underwood.” Nice! Maybe it will be the country rock version of “My Neck, My Back”! We need some dirty lesbian rock in the world.

The album's first single, "Message to Myself," can be heard on her Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/melissaetheridge

No comments: